An exercise is superficiality, or my top products of 2009 January 14, 2010Posted by Michelle, with dignity in Uncategorized.
My weakness this past year was definitely makeup and other related products. (I hate that they’re called “beauty products”. I think that makes people feel that they’re not beautiful without them. lame.)
So, here’s my top products of 2009! (a bit late, yes. deal with it.)
1. Stila’s Kitten eyeshadow. It’s a beautiful goldey-pink-champagne shimmer that just glides on super smooth. I’m almost out of this, and will definitely be repurchasing. It’s a little on the pricey side at $16, but this one pan has lasted forever, and I use it all the time.
2. Mascaras this year are tied. I do love MAC’s Plushlash mascara. It volumizes, separates, and leaves beautiful wispy lashes that aren’t overly dramatic. But, I am a huge fan of super dramatic lashes, so I do love L’oreal’s voluminous full definition as well. It can be a little difficult to work with, but if you comb through with a spoolie while it’s still wet, the end product is beautifully volumized and dramatic lashes.
3. Best cleanser this year is probably going to Keihl’s Ultra Facial Cleanser. It’s a non-drying facial cleanser that leaves my skin clean, refreshed, and not at all dry or tight feeling.
4. I found MAC’s Mineralize Skinfininsh Natural powder to be my favorite powder/base. It doesn’t break me out, it never looks cakey or powdery on my skin, and it evens out my skin tone very well.
5. Fredderick Fekkai Au Natural dry shampoo is a godsend. This product helps me have second day hair for the first time in my entire life. My bangs always get so greasy, but with this product I’m able to go two days (sometimes) without washing my hair, and this is a life-changer.
6. My favorite lipgloss this past year was MAC’s Love Nectar lusterglass. It’s a beautiful sparkly apricot color.
7. My favorite body lotion is the same as it is every year. I keep trying other kinds, but always go back to Aveeno’s regular Body Lotion. It’s just perfect.